- Flexible working requests
- Work arrangements with staff who have childcare or carer responsibilities
- How to support staff who are sick or have relatives who are ill
- How to support staff returning from sickness
- Reviewing annual leave arrangements and company policy
- Ensuring content and methods of employee communication are appropriate
- Putting in place Wellbeing measures and listen to employee concerns
Where appropriate, enable and support remote working, considering:
- Physical and virtual equipment needs
- Health and Safety
- Necessary adjustments to ways of working and deliverables
- Adequacy of cybersecurity measures and data protection
- Communication and wellbeing
Health & Safety:
- Conduct Covid-19 Risk Assessment
- Follow HSE working safely guidance
- Continue homeworking wherever possible.
- Social distancing measures – 2-metre distance in the workplace, staggering start/finish times
- Reduce transmission risk
- Cleaning, washing and hygiene procedures
- Employee mental health – for more information click here
- Any additional arrangements for staff who live with someone who is self-isolating
- Consulting employees and managing concerns around H&S, – See useful links below
- Onboarding returning employees due to changes in working practices etc. We have template documents to record returning to work discussions, onboarding and return to the workplace please email us if you require any of these documents
- Legal requirement to report infectious diseases – use a RIDDOR Report Form.
- Antibody tests for employees
- Employees not willing to return unless they are vaccinated
If you have any questions relating to the information above, please email us here.
SYLO | Beyond HR are here to guide and support Your People and Your Business return to work safely.